A mini celebration here as this week the total followers has tipped over the 100 mark, so a big thank you!
Nothing fancy to mark the occasion, as life in the form of a leg splint has kind of got in the way (doesn’t it always!). However, as a big thank you to all the followers across all platforms, I’m going to share a little about me, would love to hear something from you, and also a new photograph too!
So, as I’m sharing a little about me, here’s a first of an image of me, AKA the dreaded photography selfie. Note the lack of bandaged leg pictures that I was considering posting due to the sarcasm of someone sat close by, and perhaps a change of hair colour since this was taken as well. But otherwise a face to the blog at last!
Here are five random facts about me, and I would love it too if you, the readers could answer these too in the comments :
- Favourite word is – oxymoron. I heard it for the first time sat in GCSE English and it’s stuck ever since. The sound of the word, and the fact there is a word to describe opposites together is what draws me in. More so, hearing the way that Carol Ann Duffy used the oxymoron in her poem Havisham ‘Beloved sweetheart Bast*** ‘ making an insult sound so good!
- The song currently spinning around my head is – ‘Skin’ by Rag n Bone man. Love the lyrics and how he describes almost love. It’s like he’s been there, giving it his all, and it’s still ended.
- The food I’m about to eat is – Lasagne!
- My earliest memory of writing stories is – Sitting in school, writing on white A4 sheets of paper. Drawing your own guidelines with a ruler and pencil, trying your best to write in pen. Concentrating on remembering to put a date and title at the top, your name at the bottom. Then spending far too long with the coloured pencils colouring in decorative borders and pictures around and below your writing piece!
- My claim to fame is – Meeting Ant n Dec on a ferry when I was about ten years old, with their bodyguards in tow. Also, I once got Band with no name to sign a pair of jeans… but we’ll leave that box of frogs sealed for now!
So now you know 5 random facts about me, I would love to hear yours too! Don’t forget to add what your blog is if you have one, and I’ll take a visit soon as well.
Rose-Sky Journey Pieces.
Here’s another new image as promised for sitting patiently through my ramblings –